ProSolo

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: ProSolo
From: Clemens Burger <burgerc@iquest.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 18:11:56 -0500
Sorry if this was covered before, but I subscribe only occasionally.  When
I subscribe I spend more time reading the postings than I can afford.

I am contemplating on what to do on May 15/16.  I have approximately three

1.  Staying at home => not really an option.
2.  Going to a regional event in Columbus/IN on Sunday to tear up my tires
=> not a bad option, just a lot of tire wear.
3.  Go to the ProSolo => that's what this message is about

I am wondering if it is worth going for me.  My first and only ProSolo was
in Columbus in '97.  And I had no fun whatsoever.  If I remember right, I
paid $85 for the entry fee plus some for the decals and didn't even get
close to the 12 "guaranteed" runs because of the rain.  I stood in the rain
for one hour as a corner worker before the first car came out because the
timing lights were not working, and Howard Duncan was in no hurry to fix
them.  My run group was lining up while I was still working on course, and
when I got in my car to drive, my hands were so cold that I could barely
turn the steering wheel, although I had worn gloves while working.  O.k.,
many of these things could have happened at any other event, but if I go to
the one in Peru, it will be only because somebody talked me into it.

So there's the question:  Is it worthwhile for me as an average drive to go
to Peru and run the NATIONALSERIES (uuuhh!), i.e. considering the cost/fun
(speak: driving) ratio ?

Although I read a couple of the articles in SportsCar, I don't really know
a whole lot about the new format.  Is the new format similar to the old
one?  How does the Challenge work now?

There's barely any info on the SCCA Web site.  Therefore I got more
questions.  What's the entry fee now?  Can I buy the decal kit at the event
($25, right?)?  When's the deadline?  I downloaded the entry form from the
Web site, but can't open it with my Acrobat Reader (Version 2.1).  Is it
the file or my program?

I am anxious to see if anybody can make me go to this thing (or stay away).

Clemens