Re: ES: 94+ Celica ST vs. GT

To: Popsracr@aol.com
Subject: Re: ES: 94+ Celica ST vs. GT
From: richj50@bit-net.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:51:05 -0400 (EDT)
> Now some people would argue that it's faster in Topeka so that must mean it
> should get reclassed.  That means they're setting the rules for car classing
> based on one event and one location.

The ST was faster than the GT 2 years in a row, maybe because of driver
only...who knows.  But there was at least one other very quick ST in HS
this year that would have done well in ES with the same time.

I agree that on paper it looks almost like a no-brainer, but weight and
balance count for a lot too.

It'd be interesting to hear from someone who's driven both.

Rich.