RE: Go-away Force Tires :-( One View

To: "Scott & Glenda Meyers" <autox@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Go-away Force Tires :-( One View
From: "Brent DeWitt" <bdewitt@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:07:17 -0600
To continue the saga:

Car: 1996 Neon ACR, 2.5 deg negative camber, 0 degrees toe.

Driver: Intermediate experience.  Over drives tires often, but _no_ lockups
or spins in the life of the tire.

Tires: 225/50-14 front, 205/55-14 rear

Pressures: 46-48 psi front, 34-36 psi rear (all questionable, but 8 to 10
higher than "old" R-1 pressures.

Break-in: 100 miles straight line driving at 75+ mph on freeway.  Four days
"rest".

Life: Two weeks.

Runs:
- Six runs (myself and co-driver on smooth asphalt)
- Twelve runs (33 second) at East Crawford site, Salina KS (agressive
concrete)
- McKamey Phase II school (25? runs), same site.
- Four runs (77 second) same site.

Result:  Cord to steel strip approx. half inch wide at outer 1/4 width point
on right front tire.  Most event turns were left handers.  Smaller cording
in the same location on the left side.

bad news is that they work incredibly well on the Neon, so I can't see
switching if I wan't to be competitive.

Bummer.....

Brent DeWitt