Biplane wings on Mod cars?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Biplane wings on Mod cars?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:19:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,

At the Tour last weekend, I was watching Kei
Josephson's beautiful A-Mod car run in first heat and
was curious about the car's wing.  For those who
didn't see it, it has two multi-airfoil wings, one
atop the other.  I remember wondering what the rule
book allows for wing area...I think it was
sixty-something square feet viewed from the top, with
some sort of height limit.  It appeared that the total
wing area was well over 60 sq.ft. but viewed from the
top it would be within limits.

So, stacking wings like this is kosher?  How much do
you have to separate them so that they don't reduce
each other's effectiveness?  I'm picturing a Fokker
Triplane A-Mod appearing in the future, complete with
Iron Cross livery...

jes' curious,
Craig Blome
Spokes/TAMSCC/TLS#91