Diagnosing Front End Noise - Help

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diagnosing Front End Noise - Help
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:53:58 -0700
The car is a 1992 Nissan 240 SX SE, 91000 miles. It has a consistant
'spring-like' noise whenever I step firmly on the brakes (at most speeds), and
also most of the time when turning at slow speeds at sharp angles, as the
steering rack moves from one side to the other (without touching the brakes).

It is not a 'clunk', more like hearing the spring move against its seats (a
creak?). My wife swears she can feel it with her feet in the passenger seat.
It appears to be only from the front right side. It can be head outside the
car (how special..........).

It actually sounds like old springs creaking in an ancient bed (don't ask).

The car has had the noise since purchase, and has no known front end damage
upon close inspection. All looks factory.

I have recently changed the two front lower a-arm locating rods (locating the
lower a-arm against the frame, run at about a 45' angle towards the front
frame member) with two new pieces, all four struts with new Tokico, and even
the sagging top strut insulator/bearing on the two front assemblies. All are
assembled by the book.

I really though that would do it.........nope.    :-(

So, any ideas on what else this ghostly noise might be? I'm running out of
parts to buy......   :-)

I would appreciate any and all advice on what to look at next.

Thanks,

Scott Meyers
Car runs fine other than this darn noise.