Removing the rear wing

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <mr2-interest@mr2.com>, <mr2sc@onelist>
Subject: Removing the rear wing
From: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 16:42:48 -0500
I'm attending my first autox of the season tomorrow. I'm trying to be much
more serious this year as far as being prepared and competitive. I am
classed in ASP, so my questions are...

The MR2 SC is WAY tail heavy and I want to reduce this. I have three thougts
on this.

1. I know I can change the exhaust from the cat back as long as I meet sound
requirements. Can I also remove the cat. I had read somewhere that they were
changeing the rules for turbocharged cars to disallow removing the cat. Does
this include supercharged cars and does this take effect this year or next?

2. Can I remove the rear wing? It was an option although all known North
American SC's had them, it was listed as an option

3. Can I move the battery from the rear to the front?

Steve Hoult  '89 SC   ASP 9   Flat Duck Racing
Visit the MR2 SC Registry at www.mr2sc.com