Re: any body-men out there?

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: any body-men out there?
From: Michael King <mapco@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 15:30:15 +0000
Just about the same thing happened to me last week. But somebody backed
into my car in a parking lot (I wasn't around), and they backed into the
portion right above where the door guard would be in it weren't an ACR.
What I did was this. I removed (or yanked on it) the plastic inner liner
in the wheel well and proceeded to give it little pushes out with my
hand and fingers. Little by little is the key here. I don't have my Neon
here right now, but I think you are able to get to that area if you
remove that liner. Then just push a little at a time. It is thin metal,
that I discovered. Mine doesn't even show anymore. Luckily it didn't
break the paint skin. For that, I would remove all the loose paint and
then use some type of touchup paint from the dealer. Make sure you take
all the loose pain chips off first though, or else you'll have that air
space that will build up with moisture and eventually rust. I hope this
helps. It does suck to have a dent, but hopefully this will be gone
soon.

Mike King
#21 DS-97 ACR Coupe
Jacksonville, FL

P.S. If you ever get the chance to watch someone do paintless dent
removal, it is definitely a sight to behold. Big dings and hail dents
just disappear; could never tell they were there.