Re: Texas, No Beer?

To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Subject: Re: Texas, No Beer?
From: Jefrem Iwaniw <jiwaniw@iigo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:07:03 -0500 (CDT)
There actually are some localities which "prohibit" sale of alcoholic
beverages -- of course they are almost always bordered by a locale in
which you can buy beer/wine/liquor at a gas station.  Go figure.  As
another interesting example, Texas Motor Speedway doesn't sell beer
(gasp!), but you can bring in your own coolers stocked with whatever
you want.

Anyways, in those "dry" locales, you can still imbibe if you join a
private "club", usually represented by some sort of card (the most
popular seems to be the Unicard), the cost of which is usually borne
by the establishment in question.

And no, I'm not making this up. :=)

-jef