Re: 911 vs. Elan Power to Weight

To: BurnsJB1@central.ssd.jhuapl.edu, autox@autox.team.net (autox)
Subject: Re: 911 vs. Elan Power to Weight
From: Newms911@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 10:04:25 EDT
BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu writes:

<<  BTW, does anyone know where this car is now? >>

It's in my garage.  Currently in Carrera RS replica trim, white with red
graphics.  My brother Dave Newman built the car, a '70T with flares, '86 3.2,
'74 915 with quaife, etc. etc. and took it to 7th at (his first) nationals in
i think 1996.  That was the first year the RX7 won, Rex was way back, still
in his very well prepared 911.

It was sold to a PCA member in NH looking for a track car and then last year
I bought it back from him.  I do not have the time ($) to campaign it
nationally, still ASP legal, though a bit overweight with rollbar and such,
but do lots of local stuff, SCCA and PCA.

We are very happy to have it back in the family.   See you on course.

Rick Newman