Re: 1G Honda CRX 1500 engines

To: cblome@yahoo.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1G Honda CRX 1500 engines
From: allen t skillicorn <loudes13@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 22:48:45 EST
>Any CRX pilots out there know if the 1500 carbureted
>and EFI long blocks are interchangeable?  I noticed
>looking at a spec sheet that the carb motor has half a
>point more compression, which might be useful in a CSP
>motor.

I believe the heads are different, and yes the carbed ones have higher
compression.  In stock form the si injected ones have a much fatter,
board torque band.  Maybe with a good carb of aftermarket fi the non-si
motor could be the hot setup?????

...or one could just use 1300 pistons for a bunch more compression, but
thats a little questionable in csp!

ALLEN