Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification

To: richard nichols <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification
From: richj50@bit-net.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:54:06 -0500 (EST)
Now who ever said that the Supra TT lacks torque?  We aren't talking about
a 1.8L Honda motor that makes 400+ hp at 10,000 rpm.  If the Supra bogged
out of every corner and then hit boost just before getting to the next
corner, that'd be one thing.  But these cars exhibit the same power-on
oversteer as the f-bodies and Mustangs AND they can put power down better
because of the IRS and the improved weight distribution compared to a
traditional nose-heavy pony car.  A prepped f-body may make 350 lb-ft of
mid-range torque, but so what if you have to feather the throttle off
every corner.

Even a stock Supra TT has plenty of torque.

Rich Johnston
95 Z28 ESP
98 Prelude SH (a car genuinely lacking in low end torque)