Number of ProSolo Events?

To: autocross <AUTOX@autox.team.net>
Subject: Number of ProSolo Events?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 08:43:32 -0800
Hi, I have a question about the number of events that one must/should
run. If I read this correctly, I (in the National Series) will get my
best 2 finishes out of the my first 3 events, plus the Finale. They will
throw out the worst of the first 3. I could also just do 2 events and
the Finale.

But, if I do 4 events and then the Finale, the 4th event is meaningless
as far as points. It will not matter if I did better at the 4th event.

Now, my first event is at San Bernardino, and I am on Toyos, and I do
not think I can be very competitive there on it's sealed asphalt
slippery surface. I think I place better the more grippier the surface
is...and the Toyos work relatively better on grippier surfaces. See,
slippery stuff requires skill, not just clueless ambition. 8)

I intend on doing Atwater and Wendover, both concrete. I also am
planning on doing Seattle this year, but I realize that this means that
Wendover would become a meaningless event as far as points for me. Am I
correct here?

Randy Chase (all this might become a moot point if the wife's 4th
surgery is done this week..we received word Friday night that the cancer
was not fully removed) Thanks for your thoughts and those who expressed
your kind words during this difficult time.