Miata clutch life in autox?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Miata clutch life in autox?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 19:02:08 -0800 (PST)
Any of you Miata autocrossers been through a clutch yet?  What is the
life expectancy of a clutch in a 1.8 Miata that's been autocrossed
about every other weekend of its life?  I have _exactly_ 50,000 miles
on my '96 at present (clicked over right as I pulled into the
driveway) and it seems to be slipping a bit on launch.  My car will
normally spin R1's on a 3500 rpm start at Retama Park (slick asphalt)
but it took 5000 to do that today, anything less was bog city.  (It
was still good for 2nd place tho.)

Wonder how well duct tape works as a friction material... :)

Craig Blome
Texas Spokes SCC, Austin, TX
TLS #91