Mr. Egan

To: tmaycock@interaccess.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Mr. Egan
From: JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:42:02 -0800

Tom:

I agree with your point, Peter Egan deserves credit for his work.  And he is
brilliant.  I feel certain the posting meant no harm to anybody.

Have you ever noticed that so many of Egan's stories, especially the ones about
"car crazy youth" or "life -vs- car addiction" are EXACT, perfect,  mirror
images of things we've all done?  Maybe his genius is in chronicaling (Did I
spel that rite?) the life all of us have lived?  He's hilarious because we're
all laughing at US!  "Oh-Dark-Early" and "Sacrificial Shoes" are two of my
favorites, plus, after all, he LIKES British cars!  Ya gotta love it.

I subscribe to R&T, and the first thing I read, every issue is "Side Glances",
Peter Egan's column.  Glad to have found a fellow fan!

Take Care-

JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB