Re: Weenie talk scaring the newbies

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: Weenie talk scaring the newbies
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:29:07 -0800
But part of the problem is that in the world of autocrossing, a very
small performance advantage (aka Weenie Mods), can equate to a very
small performance difference and autocrosses can be won and lost by such
small margins.

But I think I am still missing that 10 cent small plastic clip from my
car ...and if someone thinks *THAT* is grounds for protest..then I agree
with you Dennis.  I guess I am saying that the size of the weenie does
matter. I consider it this way. If I took identical cars, on the same
course, driven by the same driver and applied this mod to it, is it
conceivable that the car with the weenie mod will be faster, even if
only hundredths of a second? I don't believe that 1/10th of an ounce of
plastic will make a 1/100th second in difference. I do believe that
removal of an obstructing mirror can.

Randy Chase
'91 MR2 CS