Re[2]: Rabid Rulebook Lawyers

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Rabid Rulebook Lawyers
From: scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 99 10:09:53 -0500
     DG wrote:
     >While sometimes the discussion on Team.Net may give the impression
     >that we're all weenies, the truth of the matter (as I have observed
     >it) is something else entirely.Don't be afraid of the weenies. It
     >never hurts to be prepared of course, and the car should be as legal
     >as you can make it, but protests are very rare, and (thankfully)
     >weenie protests are even rarer.

     As relatively new autocrosser myself, this weenie image has been
     transmitted to me as well.  I have been discouraged at the contents of
     autox.net many times.  If it's not the way it is in reality, why is
     there so much bandwith wasted on it?   Surely, we all must have more
     imprtant things to discuss about Auto-x than brake bleed screws or r/v
     mirrors.   How about things that matter?  I would much rather hear
     about setup tips, driving techniques, pros/cons to products,
     schedules, and experiences, without having to wade through the
     seemingly endless posts about stupid protests.  I think a way to
     encourage more autocrossers to partake in the fun would be to limit
     discussions which cast a negative aura over the sport.  End of tirade.
       So, Josh3, as you've been dubbed, I share in your opinion about
     these discussions. Keep it real guys!   :)

     Thanks -

     Scott Phelps
     TLS #11
     88 Yugo GVX EP