Re: where do I go from FS ?

To: "Jack Hilton III" <JackHilton@charter.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: where do I go from FS ?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:53:04 -0600
>Among these will be the return of an open element air cleaner , eventually
>to be a SHAKER style ram-air hood , a ported Throttle Body , a set of
>stainless JBA headers that I haven't found the time to install as of yet ,
>maybe a new cat-back system , and also a extrude-honed intake at some point
>, and a hi-po mopar performance computer (if they EVER release it!) .
>
>When these mods are done , what class will I be in ?

===================
Except for the hood (BTW, there will be very little, if any, performance
gained with the hood although it would look very good), all of the above
mods will put you in E Street Prepared.  If it were my money to spend, I'd
forget the computer upgrade and get some real race tires and a spare set of
wheels to mount 'em on.

>I am also looking into lowering the truck and evening out the ride height
>to get some weight off of the front and onto the rear . There is a guy on
>the Dakota Mailing List that works at Hotchkis in CA and is working on some
>suspension components as he AutoX his V6 Dakota there as well .

=================
Lowering the truck, stiffer springs and some beefy swaybars will be well
worth the money spent.

>And finally , tires .

=======================
Oh boy, here's a can o' worms but if you really want to get serious about
finishing well in autocrossing you'll want a set of "R" compound tires such
as BFG G-Forces, Kumho V700s, Hoosiers, Toyos, etc.

>I would try and use a Neon or other vehicle to AutoX , but I like being
>Different .
>W . Jack Hilton III
=======================
Careful now, or I'll have to hike a rear tire at you.   ;^)

Good luck.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Take a ton of bolt and steel
A whole lotta sweat, a set of wheels.....On the Speedway.
The flag is down, pistons pound
Plenty of engines ripping around......On the Speedway.
"Speedway" by Elvis Presley