Re: 914 Underground...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 914 Underground...
From: A4autox@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:28:27 EST
In a message dated 2/17/99 8:29:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
msirota@isc.upenn.edu writes:

<<
 If there is a reason to change this rule for reliability, cost,
 safety, etc., then I would support it.  If it's just to make the cars
 faster, I don't (as much as I'd love to see a 914 kick ass in CSP). >>

     So, your saying that the water cooled cars change to headers from stock
exhaust only for reliability?? this makes no sense, the rule is there to allow
SP cars to change to headers for performance reasons, and the "no heater"deal
is just to keep you from taking out heater cores and lines to remove weight,
the heat exchangers are only about 2lbs of metal, get real, I'd be glad to put
the 2lbs in the car for you. All SP cars should be able to run headers, or NO
SP cars should be able to.
 <<
What I *could* support is wording to allow any exhaust system/heat
exchanger, so long as there is still a heating system, for air-cooled
exhaust-heated cars only.>>

   OK, fine, then I would be glad to add a set of air box's to headers, but it
doesn't say we can do that, so we can't. It just seems silly, I don't think
anyone thought about air cooled cars when the rule was made, and keeping air
cooled cars from running headers was not the intent of the rule.
      Curt Ormiston