RE: Any Ideas?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Any Ideas?
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:12:17 -0600
        One bit of info I would add to a person new to AutoX as well would
be to not worry about how you are doing compared to the rest of your class
at first. Work on being smooth, learning the Techniques and driving
consistently. Race against yourself, i.e. try to improve your time on every
successive run of a course, and if you don't go faster each run, stop and
analyze what might be done differently.Heck, even if you do go faster, stop
and analyze how you might be even faster.
         Also, don't be afraid to ask some of the local talent to watch you
take a few run's or even ride with you if its allowed. Its amazing how much
that helped me. And remember that you asked them for thier input, so if you
think you had one section down perfect, but the local talent says otherwise,
give thier suggestion a try. It might work!
        Oh, and I have said all this from the perspective of having just
finished my first year of AutoX, and am working toward many more.

John Moore
1993 Toyota MR2 NA (CS #55)