Re: What Class Would This Hybrid Go In?

To: PZahornask <PZahornask@aol.com>
Subject: Re: What Class Would This Hybrid Go In?
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:41:42 -0500 (EST)
Okay, maybe this is a dumb question from a P-class driver but I may learn
something from the answer. Paul Zahornasky wrote:

> If it is a stock engine out of another 87 Integra, you stay in stock.
> If it is an engine out of an 86, 88, or 89, you go into D Street Prepared
(later clarified to CSP)

My '98 rulebook says, under H Stock
   Acura
       Integra ('86-'89)

Doesn't that mean parts are essentially interchangeable between all the '86-'89
models? I looked for a specific update/backdate rule but could not find it. I
know it's in there somewhere (but maybe in the P section, which would not
apply to stock).

I'd always thought that model(s) listed in a single line are interchangeable.
Thus, '86-'89 Integras are all considered essentially the same car?

compare, for example, to BMW 1800, 1800 ti, and 1800TISA, each listed on a
separate line, hence no interchanging allowed.

But there's probably something I'm missing here, and when someone chimes in
to tell me what it is, then I'll know.  :-)

--Rocky