Re: CT emissions?

To: Matt Niaura <porboy44@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: CT emissions?
From: Matt Murray <mattm@nassau.cv.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:37:45 -0500
Ahh, the joys of the Connecticut DMV. I think back to the many (I mean MANY)
wistful hours sitting and waiting for those hard working public servants to
review each and every form submitted by the unsuspecting public. I regret that
CT DMV is no different than any other state.

Actually, it isn't too bad these days. They will want to do a smog and safety
check. They use a mirror to look under the car to see if you have a "test" pipe
or other non-OEM set up. They pull the gas cap and check its seal. They do tube
the exhaust, and run it at various speeds/RPMs. If it doesn't pass the first
time, they do a more extensive test. Make sure all your lights work. Depending
on the highly trained technician, they will look for rust. If they see some on
the side they may probe the under side. Probing, using a screw driver or other
high end inspection device.

You can go to:  http://dmvct.org/

If you have any other questions, e-mail me off line, and I will enlighten the
grasshopper. :-)

--
Matt Murray
mailto:mattm@nassau.cv.net