Gtech Pro and autocross performance.

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gtech Pro and autocross performance.
From: "Chris and Per Schroeder" <schroede@interaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 22:35:45 -0600
Hi All,

I've been playing around with my Gtech Pro for about a month now.  It seems
accurate, and reliable...but I'm wondering about its validity in measuring
improvements in autocross potential.     Will improved 1/4 mile times
relate to better power on an autocross course?  (I don't think so)...how
about 0-60?   Or the HP measurement (which, BTW, seems to be fooled by
strong torque curves..yielding HP at lower than normal RPM ranges)...anyone
else on the list played with one?

I have found that it's helpful in evaluating brake pads, and the time
improvements from exhaust changes do echo those found by measuring with the
'old fashioned' 20-50 2nd gear times.  I'll probably stick with a mixture
of both testing methods.

I'd like to take it with me when car shopping next time...but probably hard
to explain to the car salesperson :-)

Per
94 Celica GT (15.7 best e.t. isn't bad for Estock!)
99 SCAC