Corvette wheel size

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Corvette wheel size
From: "Jim Martin" <JRMSOLO@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:47:01 -0800
Scotty,

With PRO SOLO allowing Corvettes 17inch wheels maybe you should (as your
friend Karen always says) write a letter.

But not Corvette specific.  The new rule should allow any car with 18 inch
or larger stock wheels to use 17 inch.   In two or more years we could
raise this to a larger size   to address an ongoing delay in large size
race tires.

This is just like the 12/13 wheel problem but on the other end of the wheel
sizes.

With the rule not being car specific maybe we can get more support for the
new rule.

17 inch tires are a lot cheaper also!!!!!!

This has been a big problem for the Corvettes since 1988 maybe we can
finally fix the rules.
                                                         Jim

I have no problem with this change and I race against the Corvette in SS
with my Mazda.
I race in SS with a Mazda for you peopl