AutoX Timing & Scoring System

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: AutoX Timing & Scoring System
From: Rob Gregg <robg@greggtire.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 17:22:36 -0600
Hello,

    A few years back, after spending a few long weekends in the timing
trailer, I decided that there has to be a better way of handling timing
and scoring at autocross events.  Many of our members were reluctant
about going with computerized scoring, but we decided to give it a try.
We bought a couple different autocross programs (at $300 - $500 each),
but none did everything we needed.  So, I decided to write my own!  We
(the Kansas Region SCCA) have been using this program for our regional
Solo II series the past 4 years, and have also been using it at the SCCA
Solo II Nationals Warm Up event.

    At last year's National Warm-Ups I got several comments from
competitors that they liked the system, so a couple months ago I decided
to begin offering it for sale.  I would like for you to give AutoX
Timing and Scoring System a try.  I have available a demo version of the
program that I can e-mail to you (or I would be glad to mail you a demo
diskette).

    Here is some more information on AutoX:

   * Live, Real-Time Timing Sessions.  A car is staged before it starts,
and is scored a time as it finishes.
   * Automatically Updated Announcer Screen.  Provides the event
announcer with immediate information about the drivers on course;
biographical info, runtimes, current position in class, class leaders
and more.
   * Driver Database Management.  The same database can be maintained
for an entire season and multiple databases can be kept for different
series (i.e. Regional / Divisional).
   * Extensive, Useful Reporting.  Including:  standard event results,
indexed results, event summaries, grid and work assignments, time
cards,entry lists and more.
   * Built in Points System.  Automatically update driver points at the
end of each event.  Includes standard points by class and even an
indexed (PAX) point series option, both with user-defined values.
   * Up to 60 Classes.  You name and define the classes.  Indexed
classes, like Novice or Street Tire, are no problem with AutoX.
   * Multi-Course Event Capability.  Do you run two-day, two-course
events? AutoX can handle it, even up to a four-course combined event and
up to 17 runs per course.
   * Many other User-Defined Options.  Number of official timed runs,
event names, course names, pylon penalties, trophy positions and more
are all user-definable.

    AutoX is an MS-DOS based program, so it will run on practically any
PC.  To let you see what AutoX can offer your club, I have available a
demonstration copy of the most recent version.  The demo version will
only allow up to 10 drivers in the database, but it will give you a good
feel for how the system works.  Please give it a try -- you'll be
pleasantly surprised.  The purchase price of the full version of AutoX
v99.0b is just $195.  For more information, e-mail me:
robg@greggtire.com.

    AutoX System Requirements and Installation:

    IBM PC/XT/AT or compatible (486 or higher recommended)
    MS-DOS 5.0 or higher
    Electronic Timing Equipment
        Currently compatible with JACircuits and Manzanita Micro.  If you have
a different timer with a computer interface, please contact me about
having AutoX customized to work directly with your timer.  The system
also allows for manual entry of run times.

    I would gladly discuss with you other custom programming options,
like:  Custom reports, a custom point system, custom class settings or
anything else you would like to see included in your system.  Additional
fees would apply for custom programming.

Sincerely,
Rob Gregg