D/E Mod min weight (was Re: GT6...)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: D/E Mod min weight (was Re: GT6...)
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 11:07:33 -0800
Bill Schmidt wrote:

>I AGREE!  Way too heavy . The solo 2 rules should be changed. >A good
weight minimum for D mod would be 1500 lbs and E mod >should be 1800 or
1900 lbs. d&e mods ought to be able to be >built using any 2-seater
sportscar. If the lotuses are too >light , let them use ballast weights!
You would play hell >ever getting an rx7 to 1500 lbs for E mod let alone
1000 lbs >for D mod.

That would be nice.  I'm planning on running my MGB V-8
in E-mod.  The car is still a street car, I know I don't
have a chance of being competitive, I just want someplace
to play.  I think higher minimum weight for D/E mod would
mean cheaper mod cars and more street mods like mine running.
But, that's just a thought.  I'm happy to be running at all.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                  http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/