autox-cm

semi off list question

To: "CM List" <autox-cm@Autox.Team.Net>, "nersoloii" <nersolo@ner.org>
Subject: semi off list question
From: "Greg & Anne" <gvav27@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:08:45 -0500
I have a V8 Volvo which used the donor engine from a 2001 Mercury Mountaineer
with the 5.0 engine.  The engine and computer came from the donor vehicle.  The
dual exhaust system is custom built with dual cats.  The only emissions related
parts that did not come from the donor vehicle are the exhaust system and the
fuel pump/regulator.  The car has been on the road since October and runs well.
I recently got my emissions tested (Connecticut uses a dyno test under load)
and
easily passed on both CO and HC but the NOx is right at the limit.  My theory
is
this may indicate a lean condition.  My question is this:

Do we have any mechanics or Ford engineers on the list who can tell me what the
fuel pressure specifications are for a 2001 5.0 V8?  Is the fuel system
constant
volume (i.e. compensated for manifold pressure) or constant pressure?  What is
the pressure spec at idle?  Any other special considerations I should be aware
of?  Other ideas for what might cause high NOx?

Thanks in advance if you can help,

Greg Vincent
CM 127