autox-cm

Re: Going Past the FF2000 performance analysis

To: "CHARLES J VOBORIL" <cvoboril@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Going Past the FF2000 performance analysis
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:11:16 -0600
Chuck:

Formula Atlantic cars are built to carry SEVERAL HUNDRED pounds of
aerodynamic downforce!  And they do it for 100 miles or more per
weekend.  I would guess that almost any Formula or Sports Racer makes at
least 100 on the fast straights.  There is no way a couple of hundred
pounds of ballast is a problem from a strength perspective.  For a whole
bunch of other reasons, I would hate to see anyone trying to add more than
100 to 150 lbs.

FYI  When I was trying to get to minimum weight for FSV as a 1600, after
the obvious removal of a few items, it was $100.00 per pound for the first
few pounds and went up from there.  The Ralt RT4s with a heavy driver can't
even come close.

I've got it, we should allow the FF2000s to weigh 500 lbs!  :-)

Greg Scharnberg
Ralt RT5
(No ballast needed to be over 1285 lbs) :-(