autox-cm

Re: SCCA Numbers rules

To: C Modified <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA Numbers rules
From: huronmountain <huronmountain@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 07:01:55 -0700 (PDT)
--- tyson@irobot.com wrote:
> Who knows the latest and/or upcoming rules for car
> number and class
> lettering?  I think there are some rules, guidlines
> and/or proposals
> that may be newer than the rule book that I don't
> have handy at the moment.
>
> I need to replace the numbers on the side of the
> Reyard because it lacks
> a '1' and and 'L' and the spacing of the current
> numbers doesn't leave
> room for them.

Tyson, check out
<http://www.scca.com/news/tech/fastrack/03-08-fastrack.pdf>
to see the source, but the main wording is ->
"Effective 1/1/2004, replace the third
and fourth sentences of Section 3.7 with:
"Class letters must be between 25% and
50% of the number size and located adjacent
to the numbers. All numbers and letters
must be of the same single color and
typeface, and in contrast to the background
color. Contrast may also be
obtained using a second color for a border
or field, sized at least 25% of the number
stroke." Comment: the purpose of this rule
is to provide a requirement for numbers
and letters which are easily readable by
both Timing & Scoring crews and course
workers."

I don't have my rule book handy here either, but I
believe that numbers had to be a minimum of 8" with at
least a 1" stroke.  You'll want to check that out
however, that is from memory.

Steve Elzinga