autox-cm

Suspension changes

To: Blind.Copy.Receiver@compuserve.com
Subject: Suspension changes
From: Don Elzinga <73652.1062@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:43:18 -0400
>> After all these years its time for a change.  Besides increasing the
spring rate on the front springs, what can be done to limit nose dive
under braking ?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. <<

Charlie,

You could tip the front lower control arm forward (down at the front and/or
up at the rear) or tip the upper control arm back.  That will increase the
amount of anti-dive in the front suspension.  If you make the change(s) in
such a way that the height of the control arm pivot axis in line with the
spindle doesn't change, you won't mess up your camber curve or roll center
height.  I'm not sure what the ideal setting is.  Currently my car has
about 11% anti-dive, and the nose dips visibly under braking.

Don