[Alpines] Early Series Alpine Gearbox Layshaft Cluster and Reverse

To: 'Sunbeam Alpine' <sunbeam.alpine@swipnet.se>, 'Alpine List'
Subject: [Alpines] Early Series Alpine Gearbox Layshaft Cluster and Reverse
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:28:06 -0300
Sorry for the blank messages but for some reason messages to the list from
my Eudora email client have empty bodies.

Hi Jan (and interested others),

It is a non-synchro gearbox and will fit my Sunbeam Talbots so has to be
from an early Rootes car but I am trying to determine if it is originally
from possibly a Sunbeam Rapier, Singer Gazelle (Hillman, Commer?) of perhaps
an early Series Alpine.

The reason I am asking is that I am in need of a good reverse idler gear and
if the cars mentioned have these gear ratios mentioned below, I can widen my
search for an idler with the 15 - 19 teeth.

Thanks for the responses so far,
Bob