Re: [Alpines] Hard top storage

To: William Lewis <william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Hard top storage
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 06:02:03 -0600
Bill:

I wanted to be able to remove / replace my top by myself  and to do
this, I made a sling for the hardtop from polypropylene rope that had an
X shape, top and bottom, and loops at the bottom rear to slip over the
two projecting latches. The front two points of the X are located just
outside the two latches while the rear two ponts of the X locate
everything with the loops fitting overthe latches.  On top, I moved the
intersection of the X until I found the balance point, and tied in a
lifting point there so that the top would stay in approximate mounting
position when lifted. The loops were tied in using #14 copper wire
scraps. With this setup, I can drive the car underneath the top and
lower it in place .

Ron Tebo