Re: [Alpines] [Tigers] Messed up Series V tach

To: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] [Tigers] Messed up Series V tach
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:00:03 -0800
Theo:

Thanks for the reply to my question.  I've already tried switching the incoming
wires on the loop wire, which effectively changes the loop's direction, but
have found that it only works one way.  Hook it up backwards and it won't work
at all.

As far as ignition/distributor modifications go, I'm running a Mini-Cooper S
centrifugal advance Lucas distributor with points and condenser (the class I
run in vintage racing doesn't allow me to run any type of electronic ignition).

As I stated in my post, I have no way of knowing if this tach worked before I
got it so it's fairly plausable that I may end up having to send it to
someplace like Nysonger to have it checked out.  I'll take any other
suggestions you might have, though.

Thanks for the input,
Andy