The Grace Kelly Alpine

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Grace Kelly Alpine
From: "Rich Atherton" <aka.gumby@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:56:51 -0800
I apologize if this has already been covered here.  I don't remember seeing
it, so I am posting it here now.

I just watched an episode of History Detectives on PBS.  It was about the
Sunbeam Alpine used in the move "To Catch A Thief" with Carry Grant and Grace
Kelly. .  The film prominently featured an early 50's series Sunbeam Alpine
convertible..  The show had this guy in Los Angeles who said he had the car,
They researched it and found a letter from Doc (The movies production manager)
to Alfred Hitchcock (The Director) which listed the VIN number of the specific
car.  It turned out that the one in LA was NOT the car from the movie, but
they would like to find it.  The have a site
http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigations/409_gracekelly.html
where you can go and enter in the VIN of your old series Alpine to see if it
matches the letter.  if it does, YOUR car just SHOT up in value....

Good luck to all of those old Alpine owners out there...

Rich