Ford T5 Transmission Conversion Information Needed--OT

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Ford T5 Transmission Conversion Information Needed--OT
From: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 21:59:35 -0600
This is not Alpine or Tiger related. I am working on adapting a 1997 Ford T5
transmission to fit in a 1974 Jensen Healey with the Lotus 907 engine. I'm
using an early Lotus Excel bellhousing with a 2 inch thick adapter to make
this work. I would like to retain the original cable operated clutch which
will require some modifications. In order to make this work I was going to
reuse the JH clutch fork, throw-out bearing, pressure plate and flywheel.
I'm using the late 70's to early 80's Mustang clutch disc from a 4 cyl. car
which is just about an exact match to the JH clutch disc but with the Ford
center. It works perfect. My problem now is how to make the JH clutch fork
and throw-out bearing work? The Lotus bellhousing was made for a hydraulic
clutch and will need to be modified. This isn't a big issue, if I can find a
throw-out bearing that will work with my JH clutch fork and fit over the T5
retainer. The T5 retainer is about 0.032 inches thicker than the ID of the
JH throw-out bearing. I can't seem to find any information on line with
photos or drawings to assist me in finding an appropriate throw-out bearing
that I could use. I was hoping that one of the members from one of the three
lists I follow might be able to assist me in locating some information
on-line.

Thanks in advance,
Dan Eiland
Ex-Tiger owner