Re: Alpine Rebound Straps

To: kasl@alltel.net, alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alpine Rebound Straps
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 04:44:09 -0600
Brent:

The measurements given in Ole's post are correct for the original
straps,  so I am not sure what your question is . The purpose of the
strap is to prevent the Armsrong shock from exceeding its maximum travel
as the body is going up with rebound force, and this length (22")
determines the amount of travel as it should be. (My measurements were
taken from an original strap which was still on the car, and agree with
Ole's). As his experiment indicates, the strap will snub at 2",  and 2
5/8" could cause damage. What else do you need to know?

Ron Tebo