Re: Photos for restoring

To: Łauri Lehtinen <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>
Subject: Re: Photos for restoring
From: "boxweed" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:01:51 -0500
    Regarding the '60 Alpine with only 5,000 original miles, there will be
plenty of detailed pictures coming soon to my website, www.boxweed.addr.com
My wife has already made a page for "1960 Sunbeam Alpine Archive Pictures"
but I haven't had time to take the pix to post on that page yet.  As you may
recall, there wasn't enough interest in a book to justify the expense I'd
have in publishing it, so I'm putting pix on my website instead.  (Paul from
Colorado is not allowed to look at the sight though, because he was soooo
obnoxious with his responses to my original note about the book.)
    By the way, I was looking the car over a few days ago and noticed that
the original radiator hoses seem to have a sort of cloth type texture to
them, and there is a stamped logo on them with some numbers and a couple
words, one of which was ".....bul", I think.  Anyway, I will take some
closeups of all the hoses and markings too, including the original heater
hoses, which also looked like they were wrapped in something before being
rubberized.  There will probably be a page for 1) engine compartment; 2)
trunk compartment; 3) interior; 4) exterior; 5) bottom of car.  After
restoring several cars over the past 40 years, I've pretty much learned what
areas of the various cars can give a restorer fits when trying to figure out
what's correct and what goes where.

Bob