Door Alignment

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Door Alignment
From: The Lees <jsrlee@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:03:24 -0600
Spent 3 nights trying to put the driver's side door back on my son's SV
Alpine. Can't get it right. Most of the time when I stare at it for a long
time and then shift the angle on the top or bottom hinge in or out it tends to
do the opposite of what I think it should. Major frustration. The hardware is
ok. No sag in the pins so the hinges are fine. I could bore everybody with the
details of the last 3 days but the point is they didn't spend 3 days hanging a
door at the factory. There is a method of doing it once and doing it right. If
I were Riichard Branson I could send my jet to pick up the last surviving guy
who actually did the job at the factory and I wouldn't have a problem. So
anybody out there know the secret (i.e. logical method).
John Lee
SV B395000793LRX
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: