Clutch cyl sleeve

To: "alpines-digest@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch cyl sleeve
From: "phil" <philipreddy@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 19:45:56 -0400
The clutch master cylinder on my Ser III is suffering from a small area of
surface pitting which allows enough fluid bypass so that I do not get full
disengagement.
Honing has not done much.

sleeving is the obvious solution except for the two holes from reservoir. I
contacted a source with whom I had previous good results on  straight forward
cylinders, they  have seen this type before and say they cannot sleeve it
because they cannot predrill  the small hole precisely. Drilling the hole over
size would break down the lip of the cup.

any suggestions, alternatives or source recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Phil Reddy,  Alpine Ser III

Check out the new British Cars Forum: