Re: May Driving event

To: "Eric" <ejmwdesign@covad.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: May Driving event
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:14:34 -0800
Eric,
Having been raised in that area, let me advise everyone that your route covers
some of the best "sports car roads" in the world. Very fast, very scenic,
pleasant, fun driving, and the route decribed takes you from urban LA to the
top of some of the prettiest mountain roads in the country and even some of
Southern California's prettiest desert areas.

If I knew the local 'coppers' would 'look the other way' I would join you.
However, even with my retirement badge prominently displayed in the
windscreen, precious few of them would approve of my Lotus 61 motoring on
their roadways!!

Anyone who could possibly make this event (call in sick, take vacation,
whatever it takes) and doesn't, well, it's YOUR LOSS!!
    Carl
  Subject: May Driving event

  Listen up everybody.

  I post this invite every year and while no one has come from this group
  in the past hope springs eternal that more than One Tiger that drives
  down from San Francisco and myself will make the Alpine and Tiger
  presence know.

  The SoCal TT May 2005

  What it is is a two day romp over some of Southern California's best
  backroads and byways as well as a great opportunity to see how well
  last winters mods and repairs are shaking out as well as have some fun
  with like-minded  car enthusiasts.

  It takes place over a Sunday Monday and we drive up the Angeles Crest
  Highway form LA.  We stop in Arrowhead for lunch and then continue on
  through Big bear and on to Jucca Valley where we spend the night in a
  cool old hotel with a hot tub and heated pool.  A warm meal a few beers
  and a good nights rest and we take of Monday am and head on down
  through Joshua Tree NM , through Idlewyld  and all over god creation in
  The back roads of socal and return to LA for an awards banquet and
  dinner.

  It's the type of thing lifelong memories are made of and having done it
  three times for the car event and three times for the Motorcycle event
  I can safely say that even the two times I broke down outside of Borego
  Springs I still had the time of my life.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: