Re: Sunbeam Body

To: "Phil Reddy" <philipreddy@fuse.net>, <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Body
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:11:55 -0700
Phil,
     You got it right mostly, to add, the L in LRX stands for left hand
drive. The L you are talking about is in a different location in the number.
SB stands for "sealed beam", the type of headlights. 53 is the color code, I
think it is Wedgwood blue, or lake blue, either of which are great colors
for a car of that period. I know I like them more than the cars current
color, "Oxygen bottle green"!!
     I would think that a car with an overdrive serial number would be worth
more for sake of rareness since there are not many of them, but an overdrive
ought to be in it to make it so. That car has a fairly decent body, as I can
tell though the passenger door is rusty. I think it might be worthy of
restoration. I have seen a lot of people restore worse. If anything, the
front clip should be saved.