Isuzu heads

To: lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi
Subject: Isuzu heads
From: Paul Heuer <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:35:01 -0500
Hi Lauri,
This was discussed about 3+ years ago on this list (not sure if you can
still search archives of this list, but that might be useful to you).

I had a SOHC Isuzu head and an Alpine head in my shed, so I did a
side-by-side comparison of them. It was obvious that the Isuzu head had
been developed from the Rootes head, but there were many differences
that would not be easy to overcome. The Isuzu head is crossflow, uses
metric dimesions, and has different waterways, for a start. It is also
very different around the front where the timing chain runs.

I hope this helps. Unfortunately I don't have access to either of the
heads at the moment, so I can't offer any more help than that.
Cheers,
Paul.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: