Reduced gear starter

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Reduced gear starter
From: "Christopher Albers" <christopher.albers@biola.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:54:55 -0800
Hello, all,

It has been quite sometime since I have lurked/posted here.  Rest assured
I still have my '67 SV and have been driving it... though I now need to
replace the fuel line because of that ill designed tee fitting that goes
between the carbs.  Originality will now give way to practicality on this
car.

Can anybody say offhand the size of the fuel line?

On a another subject, I have a discharge problem that I cannot seem to
isolate.  If the care sits for more than a few days it cannot be started
again without a jump.  I am hoping a reduced gear starter will mitigate
this a little.  I seem to recall there being a drop in reduced gear
starter available (Isuzu?).  Can anyone tell me the model or car that this
starter was made for?  I want to get one from a local rebuilder.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Christopher Albers