Re: boot lid fitment

To: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: boot lid fitment
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 05:53:38 -0700
Chris:

I am far from expert as I have only done this twice, but I think that
you have to tighten to body first so that the hinges will line up
properly for hard top installation. (You can measure between the hinges
and to body with the hardtop on to make sure they are straight).

You might also check to see if the bootlid is bent due to those huge
springs (which I have removed permanently).

Then I fitted the bootlid with the hinges loose but snug and moved it
around so that it was the best possible fit in the latch (I had this
loose as well) and to the body, tightened to the lid, and finally, to
the latch. This seemed to work.

Ron Tebo - Series I - B9000627