Re: front signal housing screws

To: itswonderful@comcast.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: front signal housing screws
From: JACranwell@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:58:38 EDT
Without checking the manual, I think 3 screws means it is SIV or SV.

Up to SIII has the round type with combined side-light and indicator bulb,
and I think they had 2 screws.

Regrettably, I converted the front end of my SIII (as part of an upgrade to
the SV valence/oil cooler set-up) to the later type. I wish I'd stopped a
little lower, as those later units rot worse than an Alpine under-belly. What
kind
of alloy did they use?

On my SV set-up I've used PK type (self-tapping) screws with PK-type trap
nuts. It's not original, but it does the trick. The originals had regular
threads
with nuts and washers holding the body of the unit onto the wing (Fender).

Julian.