oil fume hoses

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil fume hoses
From: hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:57:07 +1000
My S3 ST has the 'extended neck' type oil filler with the rubber hose
running off the side to take oil fumes somewhere into the induction
system - first part of my question is, where is this hose supposed to
go?    I'm sure this varies according to the carby/air filter set up.
>From pics in the Gold Portfolio road tests I can see that with twin
carbs & cannister air filter it feeds into the cannister, and on cars
with Solex PAIA + gravel strainer it seems to fit onto an attachment at
the base of the carb on the engine side.  Where does it go for engines
with twin zeniths + gravel strainers?  and for engines with PAIAs +
cannister?

Part 2, My car was originally equipped with Solex PAIA but a PO
converted it to 32/36 Weber.  The hose on mine presently feeds from the
oil filler neck to an attachment on the outer or wheel side of the inlet
manifold -'downstream' of the carby.  Is this where it's supposed to go?

Thanks in advance

Vic