Re: More welding questions???

To: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, "Tiger List"
Subject: Re: More welding questions???
From: "Mike Hooper" <mike.hooper@panavision.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:36:36 +0100
Hi,

I don't recommend the spot weld drills with the removable collars, these
have a short life (disintegrated after 8 spots) and they skid a lot. You
also have to watch your drill speed.  Try the specially ground cobalt
drills.

I would also remove your glass before you drill out the spots here in case
it cracked and I wouldn't weld with the glass in for the same reason.  Also
weld spatter is hot enough to permanently imbed itself into the surface of
the glass.

Comments?

Mike