Grounding Strap

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grounding Strap
From: "SSV" <piperbill@isp01.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:43:01 -0700
I had a few minutes to take a look at my non-starting SV today.  This is the
car that ended last summer with a "click" at the solenoid and soon
afterwards I went on active duty for a while.

Today I replaced the solenoid with one from my SV parts car and had the same
result.  So I did what I should have done first -- checked the starter
connections.  The hot wire was indeed not really tight, so I tightened it
and was rewarded with split-second starter turn, and then back to the
'click'.  So now I know that the systems are probably working okay and need
to trace all the rest of the ignition system wires.  Here's a somewhat
interesting thing I found, though.  There is a large (1" flat) ground wire
hanging loose from underneath the engine.  Now, this wire has been loose
since I got the car and has run fine.  Since I don't want to leave any loose
ends (so to speak), does anyone know exactly where this ground is supposed
to connect to?

Bill
http://tubbs.cc/alpine