Expensive Repairs OFF TOPIC

To: KKJ <kkj@privat.utfors.se>, alpine autox <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Expensive Repairs OFF TOPIC
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:47:43 -0500
I don't even bother with repairs, I buy a 100,000 mile warranty and sell the
car before the warranty is up!

I woudl guess an older Mercedes Benz might suck up a lot of money for parts,
as would many of the US "Classics" (Duesenberg, Caddy V-16, Marmon, Pierce
Arrow, Packard, etc.)

Jan Eyerman
(past owner of a 1934 LaSalle Convertible Coupe)

KKJ <kkj@privat.utfors.se> wrote:
I guess we are aware of modern car repairment costs. Just a look in the
engine
compartment and see the horror. Hardly possibly to put a visa card down
anywhere.
Maybe that's why we mess around with the Hillmans. At least we can repair it
and the spare parts are cheap.

Do modern carmakers think like this: Our cars are so reliable they will newer
brake down and nothing will go wrong. So it doesn't matter if it takes a week
to replace the starter. It will newer happen!!!!

What old (hobby?) veteran cars are more expensive to run then modern?
Ferraris?

Kristian J