Questions on British Car Article

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Questions on British Car Article
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:59:10 -0600
Several questions come to mind after reading and looking at the recent
April-May article on the Alpine-Tiger.
What is the benefit in having the tracking the same width front and back
as described with the Tiger? I believe the Alpine also had a staggered
track width and often wondered why the front was wider than the back,
and what happens when the back is widened to match that of the front.
Also, it appears the valve cover on the Alpine has been polished to a
mirror finish. Is this possible with the aluminum covers as we have
stock, or has this been plated along with the oil filler neck, base, and
cap? Thanks Brent