Re: Brake Booster

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Booster
From: "barbara laifman" <barbaralaifman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 07:49:02 -0800
Victor asks about putting back in the booster on his car.  It seems that a
prior owner removed the servo and also put in a small ID master.  A couple
people suggested it is a good thing to put it back in.  From my experience,
I would disagree.  I have the smaller .70 master in there with no servo.  I
did put in a servo and found that the brakes were WAY too soft. I did not
like it at all.

I would also add that the booster I have is the 1.9:1 booster that VB sells.
Should anyone care, and I recently posted this to the SunbeamAlpine.com
Forum, Lockheed wrote me and told me that the original booster for the
Alpine was 3:1.  The one that Sunbeam Specialties sells is 2.3:1.  In
looking at the applications on the instructions that came with my VB one, it
appears that 2.3:1 is more appropriate for the Alpine.

If anyone is interested in more details, let me know, or go to the Forum.

Jay